Notice: Function wp_get_loading_optimization_attributes was called incorrectly. An image should not be lazy-loaded and marked as high priority at the same time. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 6.3.0.) in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5905

With every team scheduled to play two warm-up games each before heading into the ODI World Cup 2023, India are all set to take on defending champions England in their first practice game on Saturday (September 30). The contest will take place at the Barsapara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati.

The match will provide England with the opportunity to get used to the Indian conditions and adapt to the nature of pitches. Meanwhile, the Men in Blue will also look to figure out their team combination ahead of the official fixtures.

India are coming from a convincing series victory over Australia and will aim to carry the momentum until the actual matches. On the other hand, England’s campaign in the World Cup comes on the heels of their win over Ireland. Nevertheless, they would still be determined to assess the playing conditions in the subcontinent.

ODI Stats and Records at Barsapara Cricket Stadium:

  • Total matches: 03
  • Matches won batting first: 01
  • Matches won bowling first: 02
  • Average 1st Innings scores: 248
  • Average 2nd Innings scores: 227
  • Highest total recorded: 373/7 (50 Ov) by India vs Sri Lanka
  • Lowest total recorded: 50/10 (30.4 Ov) by England Women vs India Women
  • Highest score chased: 326/2 (42.1 Ov) by India vs West Indies
  • Lowest score defended: 373/7 (50 Ov) by India vs Sri Lanka

Also READ: Yuvraj Singh advocates for this star player to bat at No. 4 for Team India in ODI World Cup 2023

Barsapara Cricket Stadium Pitch Report:

Barsapara Cricket Stadium pitch (Image Source: Twitter)

The pitch at the Barsapara Stadium in Guwahati usually offers favourable conditions for batters, with good bounce that helps them time their shots well. Nonetheless, bowlers can still make an impact by targeting specific areas effectively. As the match progresses, spinners can also become influential when the pitch starts providing assistance for turning the ball. In light of these conditions, the team winning the toss may lean towards batting first to establish a substantial score.

Guwahati Weather Forecast:

Barsapara Cricket Stadium weather report
Barsapara Cricket Stadium weather report (Image Source: Twitter)

The weather at Barsapara Cricket Stadium Stadium in Guwahati will be cloudy and isolated thunderstorms are also expected, with a 31% chance of precipitation. However, cricket enthusiasts can expect the match to take place despite a few interruptions. The temperature is expected to hover around 33 degrees Celsius with humidity levels to be around 69% and the wind blowing at a speed of 10 Km/hr.

IND vs ENG, probable playing XI, 4th warm-up game:

India: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav

England: Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Harry Brook, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk/c), Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood, David Willey

Also READ: Jonny Bairstow comes up with a cheeky post as England team endures a nightmare journey on their way to India

Source link